Thursday, June 08, 2006

Start paying attention

Well, I recently expanded upon my job title of assistant metro editor by putting together a package including this story and a column in Thursday's edition of The Town Talk. In addition, I will have another story in Friday's edition.

As the self-professed soccer guru of The Town Talk -- although assistant sports editor Jeff Matthews is also a fan -- I have taken it upon my shoulders to try and get more soccer coverage leading up to the world's biggest sporting event, which begins Friday (as an aside, the U.S. kicks off play at 11 a.m., Monday, against the Czech Republic).

For those of you who miss reading my stuff, here's a chance to get some good soccer facts backed with a dose of my opinions. I thought it came together for a pretty nice package, and tomorrow's story is a nice complimentary piece as well.

I don't know how much I will get to write, as my main responsibilities are on the editing side. However, I will keep everyone up to date whenever something like this happens.

2 comments:

RebeccaMcCormick said...

Good stuff. Soccer it to 'em!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work son and I look forward to your blogs each day.