Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Reading material

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061222/NEWS01/612220338/1002/NEWS17

http://www.thetowntalk.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061224/NEWS01/612240301/1002/NEWS17

Submitted for your reading pleasure are two stories worthy of winning awards -- not because of anything I wrote, but simply because of the stories that needed to be told.

The first story is one of perseverance, work ethic and never giving up. The second one is a story of an amazing young woman whose selflessness apparently knows no bounds.

Due to vacations, writers on leave and other craziness, I pulled double duty this past week -- playing both editor and writer. So I had both of these stories essentially fall in my lap. And I was glad to tell them.

Playing reporter for a week made me realize how much I missed writing. It was a lot of fun, even with all of my other responsibilities and generally feeling overwhelmed. But we got the job done and got the paper out.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading the two stories as much as I enjoyed writing them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, Bret: The stories of Tanya Billiott and Heather Badeaux are exactly the kinds of stories that need to be told, especially at Christmas. Thanks for sharing such poignant examples of perseverance and generosity...two qualities I have always admired in you.

Can't wait to see you and Elizabeth this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Where's the blog about me!!! You promised jerk