Monday, June 11, 2007

Blonde Moment


So Elizabeth and I weren't really doing too much on our day off today. Got up late, as usual. Grabbed a little lunch. Went to check out some mattresses, as the one we have now is giving both our backs some problems.

We really were just spending some quality time together. We went to the mall and did some looking (and some buying, but that's another story). Then, as we were heading out, Elizabeth mentioned something about my needing a haircut.

Just a little background. I don't particularly like to get my hair cut. I like to keep it longer, just because with my thousand cowlicks, it's easier to maintain when it's that length, rather than shorter. But Elizabeth prefers shorter.

Anyway, I've been wanting a change for a while. Been wanting to add a little color to my life. So I said what the heck ... let's get some highlights. I haven't colored my hair in two years, when Elizabeth and I went all out at a day spa in Boston on our honeymoon. So I get there, run through some books, pick out a style and color I'd like and sit down in a chair.

The picture I thought I'd shown had light brown/auburn highlights. Apparently, the stylist thought they were blonde. It wasn't until she called me blondie when she was about to shampoo my hair that I figured out what was going on. I had blonde highlights. Now, I actually like the way it turned out, but it is going to take a little time to get used to having blonde in my hair!

Meanwhile, as I'm in the chair, Elizabeth brings a picture from a style book over and asks me if I liked it. It was cute, and short. While Elizabeth likes to keep her hair long, I think she's really pretty with short hair. So I said, 'Go for it!' Another little story -- when Elizabeth and I first met and started dating, she had blonde highlights. So I like it when she gets her hair colored.

Anyway, that's how our day off turned into a blonde makeover!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, that's what I call a REAL man! Any guy that will spend a day at the spa with his wife AND get highlights, to boot...well, that's just pretty special.

Actually, Myron went to a day spa and got a massage WITHOUT me last week!

You guys look great! And we love you.

Anonymous said...

I love both of your blonde highlights! And E-beth, you look awesome with your short hair! Sounds like you two had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Your's looks blonde... the other looks gray... mom was right