Monday, October 13, 2008

Before and after


So I've been growing out my hair and my beard. I honestly can't remember the last time I'd had a trim of either one.

I decided, randomly, out of the blue, that I wanted to grow my beard out until New Year's. Just was curious to see how long it could get. The wife, though obviously not the most pleased by my decision, struck up a compromise with me. Grow the beard, but cut the hair. Didn't have to be totally short, but at least get a trim. At least look professional. Or the most professional possible with an extraordinarily long beard.

Well, today was the day set aside to get that first haircut as part of the bargain. Instead of just getting a trim, though, I decided to go with something completely different. "Short," I told the stylist when I sat down in the chair. "How about this?" I asked her as I pointed out a picture.

"Wow, that's really short. Going for something totally different?"

As I looked at the picture again, I thought to myself, "Man, that is really short." Luckily, the phone rang. My stylist went to answer it, and I flipped through a few more pages and found a style more fitting. Still short, still different, not quite as drastic, though. Take a look for yourself ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks soo different!! Thanks honey :D

Anonymous said...

WoooHOOO! You ROCK!! (as always!)

Thanks for sharing! Big hugs to you and Elizabeth.

Anonymous said...

We love the change. You look very journalistic!!! Cheers to the change!! Hope you and Elizabeth are doing well!

Lauren and Wayne

misti said...

I like! You should go as your old self for Halloween! Haha..just kidding. Looks great though!

Anonymous said...

The new look works well, but I was liking where you were going with the long hair/beard combo. I'm kinda disappointed you didn't stick it out til New Years. As a former longhair, I can say from experience that it's very difficult to get that momentum back...