Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Over and out

I'm leaving in the morning for Texas. After losing my job at The Town Talk a couple of weeks ago, I accepted a job as news editor of The Herald-Zeitung, the community newspaper in New Braunfels, Texas. Today was my last official day as a resident of Alexandria.

My job begins on Friday, while Elizabeth stays behind in Alexandria to pack up the rest of the house as we try to sell it. Hopefully, it won't take that long to happen.

On one hand, it sucks. We didn't want to move, and I certainly don't want to be away from my wife, alone, eight hours away. On the other hand, I'm excited about the newest chapter in our life, as we get a chance to start over in a new home.

Adios, Cenla. Goodbye, Alex. We had some good times and bad times. I have the memories, whether I want them or not. Just be good to my wife over the next few weeks or months. And please, please send her home to me quickly!

5 comments:

misti said...

How sweet...but we might try to Keep E here for ourselves. Have fun in TX. Haha, just playin'! Praying for you two as you start over.

...And just find a place with a little extra room for visitors. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna miss you too! Next time will be even harder because I know when I'm going to see you next.

And misti -- we'll make room if we have to!

Dark Side of Alexandria said...

Brett,
Many blessings to you and Sean as you do great work in Texas.
I know what it means to lose your job at The Town Talk, but I also know the blessings in it.
You'll do great, and your wife will be to you real soon.
Sherri L. Jackson
Publisher of The Light, Alexandria

Brent Hammett said...

congrats dude!

Anonymous said...

Your opinions were horrible for sports in Cenla. Taking sides at CCA etc. You should have stayed neutral. Your slant on high school sports was a little off-base and weird. Evaluate some of that in your new location and I am sure you will do fine SOMEWHEREELSE.