Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm so sick of the BCS ...

that I wrote a column about it.

  • Who would win a playoff? Probably Florida. Or USC. Or Oklahoma. Or Utah. Heck, if you look at the NFL playoffs (the three top seeds have lost so far today, and Pittsburgh is tied with San Diego as I type), you just never know what will happen. It's time for March Madness, football style.

  • I have six days remaining in this apartment. What am I going to do? Good question. I'm exploring my options.

  • I tried to wash dishes a couple of days ago, and the dang dishwasher doesn't work. Pretty ironic, considering we don't have a dishwasher at our house and I've been doing it by hand for the past nearly three years. I'm cursed!

  • Things are crazy at work. We're minus two editors (sports and features), so Sean and I have been pulling double and triple duty. I'm very much ready to have a full staff!

  • I'm hoping to make a trip home next weekend. I miss my wife, and my pup, who I'm sure I won't recognize because I'm told she's getting so big!

  • Prayer request: We think someone's interested in our house. Please pray they'll make the right decision -- by buying ours!

  • If you're interested in what I'm doing, check out the Herald-Zeitung's Web site. Every day, we post a PDF of the front page layout, which is one of my main responsibilities.
  • 2 comments:

    misti said...

    More like cruel irony! (re: the broken dishwasher).

    Praying for you guys about the house situation!

    Anonymous said...

    Sorry things didn't work out for us to get together in San Antonio. Ended up that all my lunches were scheduled events. Sounds as if you've had your hands full, anyway.
    One of the first things Myron said when I walked in the door, though, was: Did you read Bret's blog?

    Well, I just now got around to it, but yes, we will continue to agree with you and Elizabeth that your house will sell quickly for a fair price. [Acts 17:26 - "From one man (Jesus) he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live."]

    Thanks for keeping us posted.