Thursday, December 10, 2009

To-do list

So, I took today off because I have an eye appointment and because my dog (who is basically like my child) needs to go to the vet. That's what sick days are for, right? Especially when you don't get sick.

My days "off" are always interesting, because I normally end up doing more work than if I actually were at work. Here's today's to-do list:

1. Take Sandy to the vet. She needs a couple of shots, her latest flea pill and to be checked for heartworms.

2. Get my hair trimmed. Not cut. There's a difference. I've decided to let my hair grow out, at least until I get tired of it or Elizabeth says enough is enough. But she's agreed to go along with this charade as long as I get it trimmed and evened up once a month or so.

3. Wash dishes. For most people, this isn't really a chore. Just pre-rinse and throw the dishes in the washer, right? Not at this house. There's no dishwasher, and really no room in the kitchen to add one. So dishes pile up pretty quickly. It's time to take care of them.

4. Wash clothes. Well, a couple of clothes. This one actually isn't one of my chores. But my officiating clothes need a quick once-over since I've got games tonight and Friday.

5. Be a wonderful husband and take my wife something to eat. She forgot her lunch and asked if I wouldn't mind bringing her something. Of course, I don't mind (please, hold your applause, no really please, stop).

6. Clean up around the house. This is one thing that neither Elizabeth and I really like to do. We've been back settled in since June, but the house still has packed boxes. How have we accumulated so much stuff in just a few years? I don't understand.

7. Get eyes examined. It's been over a year now since the latest checkup, and it's time for some new frames and lenses. This is going to be an expensive trip, but it's one that's got to get done.

8. Call hoops games. The appointment is at 4 p.m., and I've got 2 games tonight starting at 6. I'm thinking I shouldn't have too much of a problem getting to the games on time, but I sure hope I don't cut it close.

I've become convinced there really is never a "day off." There is always something to do around the house, or friends/family to go visit. It's very rare to just veg out, although that's fun too -- to just sit around with Elizabeth and Sandy and do nothing. Now THAT sounds like a plan!

2 comments:

misti said...

I vote for vegging out! Alan and I engage in some vegging at LEAST once a week...keeps ya healthy ;)

Penny said...

Geez, I wish Kyle would get his hair cut....