Saturday, May 20, 2006

Am I right or am I right?

If you scroll down to my post last night about interleague play, I called the Chicago series "one worthy of paying attention to". Boy did I hit that one on the head -- or wait, did Michael Barrett do that for me? I love me some drama!!

Am I wrong or am I wrong?

Last night I also said Barry Bonds would be stuck on 713 until after Astros reliever Russ Springer returned from his 4-game suspension for plunking Bonds. Well, was I ever wrong on that one! Bonds blasted a leadoff HR in the second inning on a 1-1 delivery from Oakland's Brad Halsey. Now he sits tied for No. 2 with the Babe, one away from the goal he has strived for since he starting juicing back in 1998.

If Barry can ever relax -- and after one more HR I figure he will -- look for him to start deliver mammoth, dare I say Ruthian, blasts over the fence once again.

No comments: