Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Guess who's back ...

Well, it's impossible to catch you up with what's happened in the last SIX MONTHS since I posted to my blog, so I won't even try.

MY NEW LIFE

Greetings from Alexandria/Pineville. For those of you who don't know, I have left Ruston and now am working at The Town Talk in Alexandria. Things have been a blur the past 3 weeks. Elizabeth is in Ruston for this one final week, and we close on our very own house this coming Monday. It's a very exciting time in the McCormick household.

CG BAND

Tonight I spent a few minutes with some buddies in The Commonground Band -- a praise and worship band based out of Ruston. It was good to catch up with old friends and relieve some old memories. When I was a student, I would travel around all over the place to hear these guys lead worship. They can simply lead people to the throne of worship. I enjoyed chatting with Brent, Chris, Josh, Jason and Jamie. If you get a chance to check these guys out, please do. They are about to embark on their annual summer schedule -- which keeps them bouncing from camp to camp every week.

I'M A WITNESS

Start believing! LeBron James is simply amazing. 32 points to lead the Cavs to a third-straight win over the Pistons. The defending NBA champs now sit on the brink of elimination. It's not supposed to be this easy for LeBron. Even Michael Jordan had to struggle his first few years in the playoffs. But here is LeBron, all of 21 years old, and he has his team on the brink of the Eastern Conference finals. I'm starting to believe the Cavs can win the whole dang thing. After all, if they can beat the Pistons -- and they have them on the brink of elimination with Game 6 in Cleveland -- then they can beat anyone.

While he didn't get named MVP, King James was named the top vote-getter on the All-NBA team.

BONDS WATCH

Why did Central Louisiana's own Russ Springer plunk Barry Bonds last night? That's a great question. It only took 5 pitches to do it, too! Barry is STILL stuck on 713 -- it's inevitable that he will catch and pass the Babe, and it makes for great drama the longer it takes him to get there.

Speaking of Bonds, Albert Pujols thinks we should all "give the guy a break". I can't ignore the signs anymore. Barry did steroids -- and the book I'm about to read will prove it!

But maybe we should all listen to Albert Pujols -- who, by the way, is the subject of a great story here . Don't we all just want Barry to disappear from the news? I know I certainly do.

WORLD CUP COUNTDOWN

The World Cup kicks off on June 9. I'm sure I'll talk more about this as it draws near. You can follow the latest developments of the team here. Just a quick aside -- the U.S. is not only in a tough group, but it also faces the stigma of trying to win on European soil, something the Yanks have always struggled with. While I think a quarterfinal run is not out of the question, it doesn't look good on paper going in.

SHAMELESS PLUG

To wrap up tonight's post, I want everyone to read about how great and wonderful I am!

Signing off for tonight -- I will see you later!

1 comment:

RebeccaMcCormick said...

We are among the MOST proud. Congratulations, Bretaruski! Two thumbs up!!

We love you!
Rebecca and Myron