Saturday, July 27, 2013

Indoctrination

So we're going up to Ruston tomorrow because one of my nephews is getting baptized, and quite frankly, I haven't made too many trips to visit with family members and it's just time to do so.

We're supposed to go to the 9 a.m. service to see my eldest nephew, who recently turned 9, get baptized at Temple Baptist Church (Temple peeps, if you're reading this, holla at ya boy). A family lunch is planned afterward, and then soon we'll have to hit the road for the long drive south, stopping in Pineville along the way to pick up the pups (who get a free morning and afternoon at Granny's sans parents and grandparents -- PARTAY!).

There's only one issue with this schedule. The USMNT (that's U.S. Men's National [Soccer] Team for you soccer novices) plays in the Gold Cup final at 3 p.m. As most of you folks know, I'm a huge sports nut (hence the blog title), with soccer being one of the top three (along with football and basketball, with the order changing by the season). However, there isn't a team that I follow more closely than the USMNT.

I figure with a couple of impressionable 9-year-olds and a nearly 7-year-old, what better time to introduce them to the beautiful game than tomorrow, right? Now, I've just to get the kiddos on board with the plan. Let the brainwashing -- I mean, indoctrination -- begin!

No comments: