Friday, July 26, 2013

So I have a little announcement ...

I wanted to let you guys in on a little good news ...

Elizabeth and I are moving back to Alexandria! I have accepted a job as sports editor of The Town Talk, and I am extremely excited to be headed back into the sports realm.

I've spent the past 13 months as a reporter for The Advocate in Baton Rouge, and three years prior to that as the city government reporter for The Town Talk. While I thought I would be able to navigate my way in a metro department, I haven't been able to find the kind of professional happiness that I had when I worked in a sports department.

I am anxious for this new challenge, being in charge of my own department. It's a job I've wanted for quite some time, and I thought it would be a natural progression having previously served as The Town Talk's assistant sports editor. I'm looking forward to stretching myself professionally and immersing myself again in the sports world.

My first day back in Alexandria will be Aug. 19, and I'm arriving back in town right in time for the start of football season. I have some great ideas and am looking forward to pouring my heart and soul into the Cenla sports scene again. I'll have more details once I settle in, and I can't wait to see some old faces again!

1 comment:

misti said...

Congrats on the job and move!