Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lunch Time

Sitting at my desk, eating a little lunch, deciding to give my blog a little love.

Got a call from my lovely wife this morning. She said I had two choices tonight -- a) stay at home, help her paint and do other choices around the house; or b) go to the movies. I took that as a hint that she wanted to go to the movies.

My options -- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest or The Lake House. We also want to see Cars and The Devil Wears Prada; however, both of those will most likely be rentals. Pirates in the sequel to the blockbuster hit with the same name, and it did an astonishing $135 million in its opening weekend. Can you say runaway hit? The Lake House is an intriguing possiblity that stars Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock as a couple who falls in love via letters from two years apart. The concept is unique, which means it could either be fascinating or a flop. Haven't decided which one we want to watch yet tonight, but we're going on a date!

I know this means my afternoon will drag by slowly since I will be looking forward to the movies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your date no matter which movie you go see!! A little down time with your Sweetie is good for the relationship.

Anonymous said...

I agree. A little popcorn butter goes a long way toward greasing the wheels at home.

Anonymous said...

I've already seen Lake House. It wasn't that great in my opinion. Courtney really liked it though. I've heard Pirates of the Carribean is good, but haven't seen it yet. The Lake House is more of a chick flick, so it would probably be better of a date movie. Anyway, just thought I would give you my opinion and maybe that would give you a little help with your decision.