Saturday, July 15, 2006

Runnin' on empty

Man, am I tired. Haven't slept in 33 hours and counting (unless you count about a 15-minute nap just a minute ago). The one conclusion I can immediately draw is I am no longer a young puppy. My body just doesn't work like it did when I was in high school and college. I'm still a night owl, but I'm paying for it right now.

Here's the story. Got off work Friday night about 11:30. Headed home to change clothes and arrived at the church about midnight -- just in time for the youth to have returned for their scavenger hunt across Alexandria and Pineville, and just in time for some hoops. We play basketball (and my legs are letting me know they are happy), as well as other games, for about 6 hours. More importantly, I got to spend some quality time with many of the youth, and start developing relationships with them. While my body isn't happy with me right now, it was a very rewarding experience.

Believe it or not, I was up the whole time. Didn't even get a catnap. And I had a blast. I am, however, definitely looking forward to my bed tonight.

Elizabeth and I got our furniture today. Gorgeous. We did a nice job, if I may say so myself. And my wife is very happy with her new china cabinet. Very happy. Our backyard is also looking much nicer thanks to some help from the in-laws today. Yes, I came home from my lock-in at 7:30 this morning only to have to work around the house and in the yard until I had to leave for work at 2:30.

In the end, it will all be worth it. Small price to pay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! Hope you get some sleep today.

Glad to hear you're now enjoying the furniture you both were looking forward to receiving.

And thank goodnes for in-laws to help in the yard! Tell them we said 'thanks,' too!

Love you both!