Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Day 5 ... I'm still here

I’m glad today is over. I hope tomorrow is better than today. I just don’t have any energy, and I spent most of the day sleeping. I took two lengthy naps today and feel like I haven’t gotten a wink. I’m heading to bed here soon.

The good news is Elizabeth tested negative, so that’s a relief. We will continue to isolate from each other in hopes that I don’t infect her. My fever returned today for the first time since Saturday. It was a low-grade fever and didn’t quite get to 100. More than anything I’m just tired and sluggish.

I was told Days 4-6 would likely be the worst. I just finished the fifth day since my symptoms showed up. Hopefully, tomorrow is better. If not, maybe there is an end in sight.

I’ll repeat what I’ve said from the beginning: I’m lucky. I haven’t once felt in danger or like I need to seek out a hospital. I’m just sick, and it’s not fun at all. Good night, everyone.

No comments: